Ladder Rescues in Flaming Building
THE TWO PROPRIETORS OF AN ANCIENT resort restaurant in Bad Hersfeld, Germany, were saved by firefighters on ladders Thursday.
The 318-yr.-old restaurant is a mainstay in the community catering to their summer tourists. The fire is believed to have started in the kitchen area of the building and was discovered shortly after 10 am. The two people, trapped in different areas on the third floor, started yelling for help until somebody outside heard them and called the fire department.
* * *
The FD arrived in a short time as was able to quickly get the separate windows laddered and assist the owners out of the burning building. One of them is shown in this video at about the :50 mark:
* * *
The building had damages of "several hundred thousands" of Euro's. The interior is pretty much destroyed.
One firefighter suffered a shoulder injury.
Osthessen News has the story and an extensive photo gallery HERE.
Thanks to Christian Lewalter of Feuerwehr Weblog.