They Failed To Send Her To The XXL Crematory
THE GRAZ, AUSTRIA, POLICE HAVE just released their findings following an investigation into a costly fire at a local crematorium in April. The Graz Feuerwehr were called out on April 13 to the Grazer Krematorium in the town's Central Cemetery where they found a well-involved fire inside the chimney leading from the furnace.
The fire was seated inside the furnace discharge filter and had built up a tremendous amount of heat which couldn't be vented because of the extra-thick insulation around the entire furnace structure. The tightly confined heat buildup presented a serious problem for the firefighters even though the operator of the crematory had already shut off the burner. After a few hours they had it cooled down enough to get inside the mechanism and start removing the debris of human fats and substance.
Graz Feuerwehr photo
The report says that the fire was most likely caused by trying to burn a body that was too large for the crematory's furnace to handle. The woman's cadaver in this instance weighed about 200 Kg (450 lbs.) and when the higher amount of body fat started burning, it overwhelmed the capacity of the furnace and spread into the filter.
Heute carried the STORY.
This has been a problem in Europe for a few years now. A high percentage of bodies are now cremated and nearly have of them are obese people. There is a super-size crematory in Bern, Switzerland, that was purpose-built for highly-obese people, but some places hesitate to use it.
Thanks to Mark D.
* * * * * * *