FF Started Through Roof
AN ADAMS COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA, FIREFIGHTER was beginning a roof ventilation at a house fire Friday when the roof suddenly started to fail. His leg went through, but he was able to keep from going all the way into the fire.
The alarm was dispatched around 3 pm for the fire in a house in Reading Township that was working before the arrival of the FD. Steve Roth of 911 Photography was at the scene and prepared this narrative of the incident:
WIthin two minutes of dispatch, Reading Township police chief advised the Adams County Control Center it was a working fire. Chief 26 arrived to find a two story, single family dwelling with smoke and fire showing from the rear, a 2nd alarm was sounded as well as requested the state police fire marshal to the scene.
Steve Roth – 911 Photography
Lake Meade firefighters advanced handlines to the exterior of the house and began extinguishment, while Hampton firefighters advanced handlines to the interior.
A chief officer with Lake Meade assisted by a Hampton firemen went to cut a ventilation hole in the roof, within seconds, the Lake Meade officers leg went throuh the roof. He did not fall through, and was not injured.
Steve Roth photo
A tanker shuttle was set up for the water supply and the fire was knocked down quickly.
Steve Roth photo
There is no information yet on the cause, but it is not suspicious.
Steve Roth – 911 Photography has a 226-image photo gallery from the fire HERE.
* * * * * * *
Also on FireGeezer…
- 2 Alarms for Pennsylvania McMansion – October 11, 2012
- An Afternoon Apartment Fire In Pennsylvania – April 16, 2013
- $100,000 Chimney Fire in Pennsylvania – February 9, 2013
- Daytime House Fire Adds Complications For Firefighters in Pennsylvania – September 13, 2013