FOUR APARTMENTS WERE COMPLETELY DESTROYED IN GRAPEVINE, TEXAS, Friday night when a 4-alarm fire ripped through the center of a building with a common attic. A 31-yr.-old man who was visiting a family in the complex decided that he would help bring some smouldering embers in a fireplace back to life by pouring some gasoline on them.
It worked. The fire roared back to life and instantly involved the entire living room of the apartment, leaving scant time for the family to run for their lives. Within moments the fire was roaring through the building and the first-in units escalated the response in order to get a quick start on containment because of the common loft.
A total of 75 firefighters from 8 departments fought the blaze. KDFW-TV Ch. 4 has this video report: